Are you looking to create long french tips? You’ve come to the right place! In this nail guide, we will give you a step-by-step tutorial on making beautiful and long french tips. We’ll also provide some helpful tips to keep them looking great for longer! So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced nail artist, this guide is for you!
The best materials to make long french tips
Usually, long french tips are made from UV gel, poly gel, shellac, acrylic powder, or pre-made stick-on tips. Each of these materials has its pros and cons.
UV gel is a popular choice because it’s easy to work with and doesn’t require much experience. It also dries quickly and doesn’t damage the nails. However, UV gels can be expensive and need a UV lamp to cure them.
The poly gel is another popular choice for long french tips because it’s strong and durable. It’s also easy to work with and doesn’t require much experience. However, poly gels can be expensive, and they need a UV lamp to cure them.
If you’re on a budget, consider acrylics. Shellac is a good choice for long french tips because it’s strong and durable. It’s also easy to apply and remove.
Acrylics are also solid and durable, but they can be challenging to apply and remove.
If you want long french tips that look natural, consider using gel nails. Gel nails are easy to apply and remove and look very natural. However, they’re not as strong as shellac or acrylics, so they may not last as long.
Whichever type of nail you choose for your long french tips, follow the instructions carefully. And don’t forget to prep your nails before you begin! You’ll need to file them down and push back your cuticles.
- A base coat;
- A top coat;
- Nail polish in the color of your choice;
- Strips of tape;
- Nail file.
Now that you have all of your materials let’s get started!
- First, start with a clean slate. Make sure your nails are free of any polish or residue. If they’re not, use a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover to clean them up.
- Next, apply a base coat to help your manicure last longer and prevent staining. Once the base coat is dry, it’s time to move on to the fun part: painting your nails!
- Choose whichever color you like best and paint each nail evenly. We recommend using two coats of polish for the best results.
- Once your nails are dry, it’s time to add the french tips. Cut strips of tape and place them horizontally across the nail, leaving a small space at the bottom for the tip. Use scissors to trim the tape, so it’s even with the edge of your nail.
- Next, use a nail file to gently file away any excess polish around the edges of the tape. Finally, remove the tape and enjoy your beautiful french tips!
Now that you know how to make long french tips, we hope you’ll give them a try!
What to do to make sure design will last
And don’t forget our helpful tips on how to keep them looking their best:
- Avoid getting your nails wet for at least 24 hours after applying the polish.
- Be careful with household cleaning products and avoid using them on your nails for at least a day or two.
- Wear gloves when doing activities that may damage your nails, like gardening or washing dishes.
With proper care, your french tips should last for several days! Thanks for reading, and we hope you enjoyed this guide.
How to paint french tips perfectly: tips and tricks
Now that you know how to make long french tips, it’s time to learn how to paint them perfectly! Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the perfect french tips every time.
- To get the perfect french tip, start by painting a small stripe of white polish at the very tips of your nails.
- Next, use a thin brush to paint a slightly wider stripe of white polish just below the first one.
- Then, use a thicker brush to paint a third and final stripe of white polish near the base of your nails.
- Finally, use a clear top coat to seal your design and protect your nails!
Now that you know how to make long french tips, it’s time to learn how to paint them perfectly!
Long stick-on french tips
If you’re looking for an easier way to get long french tips, try using stick-on nails! They’re easy to apply, and they look great. They won’t damage your natural nails as acrylics or gel nails can.
Here’s how to apply them:
- Start by cleaning your hands and nails with soap and water.
- Next, remove the adhesive backing from the nail and place it on your finger.
- Press down firmly to secure the nail in place.
- Repeat until all of your nails are done!
Stick-on french tips are a great option if you want long french tips without the hassle of painting them yourself. Give them a try next time you need a quick and easy manic!
The most popular colors for long french tips
Not sure what color to paint your long french tips? Here are some of the most popular colors to help you decide!
- Classic white tips are always in style.
- For a more modern look, try black or grey tips.
- If you want something fun and festive, go for red or green tips.
- Looking for something glamorous? Gold or silver tips are perfect for a special occasion.
We know you’ll love your long french tips no matter what color you choose!
Meet our Expert
Elaine Andrews is a professional nail technician with 12+ years of experience. She works both with gel and acrylic nails and creates artistic nail designs for her customers. She has been training nail technicians for over 6 years and is an author of her own patented nail courses. Feel free to use the comment field below to ask Elaine something you wanted to know about nails and manicures!